Key reasons/indicators treatment is required:
- Promote optimal welfare
- Reluctance to exercise/ play
- Increased stiffness/ difficulty with daily activities
- Changes in behaviour that indicate discomfort
Key areas that can contribute to muscular asymmetries, tension or pain:
- Compensatory tension
- Conformational defects
- Trauma/ Injury
- Excessive pulling on a lead
- Repetitive strains from excessive jumping/ playing ect
Canines are generally recommended a 3-4 monthly ‘MOT’ to ensure the muscular system is kept in optimal functioning condition, and to prevent any minor imbalances/injuries manifesting into more problematic ones.
However, each dog is treated as an individual and so therefore recommendations will vary dependent on individual requirements.